Solutions Architect (Salesforce)
Reports to: Lead Solutions Architect
Team: Enterprise Architecture
Business unit: Technology
The Salesforce Solution Architect is responsible for the technical solution design of key Salesforce enhancements, applications, extensions, and integrations required to support UCAS's strategy.
As a Salesforce solution architect, you will draw on your skills and experience to assess customer requirements and architecture, to design secure, high-performance technical solutions that maximize the potential of the Salesforce platform.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- We will require you to apply your experience to deliver acute technical excellence by way of advisory services, consulting and hands-on execution, across Salesforce's suite of products both current and future.
- You will support the development of the overall IT Strategy and technical architectural blueprint.
- Your contribution can vary from undertaking analysis of business and technical requirements, to technical solution design covering Application Architecture through to Enterprise Architecture, end-to-end Solution Design (across Salesforce and other technologies), and solution estimating and planning in collaboration with other UCAS roles.
- You are responsible for ensuring our technical solutions enable, satisfy, and advance our client's needs and objectives, while adhering to the highest technical and security standards, and ensuring our teams develop their knowledge and skills accordingly.
- You will play a critical role shaping, designing, and successfully delivering integrated Salesforce solutions to support our various business initiatives. You will sell, assess, define, implement, and/or support world-class technology architectures leveraging Salesforce, spanning simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level change programs.
- Ensure that technology architecture roadmaps and blueprints are developed, maintained, and integrated within the process of the overall IT Strategy development and technology planning, including service transition.
- Define architectural considerations across data, applications, infrastructure, integration, interfaces, security, scalability, and performance, as well as product transition and support documentation.
- Produce options and, where necessary, conduct feasibility studies, for delivery of the business requirements and key non-functional requirements.
- Estimate the cost of implementing requirements and advising on high risk/high cost/complex solution/service aspects where these could be omitted/reduced, or where requirement change could result in a more cost-effective and lower risk implementation.
- Maintain a holistic understanding of UCAS' technology and services estate, and UCAS-specific IP.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture Team, to define and maintain the overall IT architecture, applications portfolio, architecture vision, and design patterns, and promote these within IT, and to the business.
- Track and understand emerging technologies, and advise on the use of them while developing solution designs.
- Provide consultancy services to IT functions in UCAS' customer groups, to support their technical queries
- Authority to represent the company with third party suppliers.
- Occasional travel in the UK (if required to attend IT conferences).
- UCAS staff in IT and across all business units, up to director level.
- Technology providers and suppliers, partner consultancies, and other organisations, IT functions for external stakeholders.
- A minimum of two years of experience developing Salesforce customisations (Apex/VF), integrations, and developing and executing data migrations.
- A minimum of two years of experience creating the technical architecture for complex Salesforce implementations.
- Proven ability to design and optimise business processes, and integrate business processes across disparate system.
- Understanding of AWS components and product features.
- Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Knowledge of agile ways of working, specifically scaled agile (SAFe).
- Knowledge of service management best-practice based on ITIL V3.
- Awareness of programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform including Apex and VisualForce.
- Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle.
- Possesses determination and persistence.
- Demonstrate strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification.
- Salesforce Developer Certification.
This role profile sets out the scope and main duties of the post at the date when it was drawn up. Such details may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the level of the post. All UCAS employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their role and may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of their role and their level of responsibility.
Our values in action
Customer-focused - We understand what our customers want, and we act on their changing needs.
Collaborative - We collectively create an engaging and positive work environment.
Accountable - We take ownership of our individual and organisational performance.
Service excellence - We realise, grow, and maximise our potential.
Trusted - Individuals are trusted to make informed decisions and take appropriate risks.