You've just been given another half arsed network design and have been asked to implement something that you know isn't realistic. You spend an extra couple of hours making adjustments to the solution you've been given to make sure it's achievable.
Sound familiar? If you've got the ability to design networks but don't want to step away from being a hands on engineer, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for a number of ambitious, technically strong network engineers with an interest or background in Security. Who want to have more of an impact on the solutions they are implementing.The Role
As a member of the network engineering team you'll be working in a growing team that has full responsible for the design and implementation of networks ranging in size from small bespoke solutions to large enterprise scale deployments.
You'll have numerous opportunities to grow and develop your career. The team is customer focused so you'll have the opportunity to work directly with end customers and design solutions to meet their requirements. While the role is predominantly focused on the design and implementation networks solution,
You will be responsible for:
- Creating high and low-level network designs for complex IP or IP/MPLS networks.
- Hands on implementing these solutions, using different vendors products such as Cisco and Juniper.
- Working directly with our customers to understand their requirements and using this to inform your solutions.
- Providing some third line support to deployed solutions
- And if you're applying for the lead network engineer role you'll be managing a team of network engineers, where you'll be responsible for their professional development.
You will need to demonstrate some or all of the following areas:
- Designing, building and providing third-line support for complex IP or IP/MPLS networks, that are secure, scalable, resilient and give high performance.
- The creation of both high level and low level design.
- Knowledge of network design for security, including firewall, IDS and IPS exposure.
- Knowledge of enterprise- and operator-scale routing design using protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, LDP or RSVP and technologies such as MPLS VPNs and QoS.
- LAN switching design expertise in small- and medium-scale data centre and enterprise environments, including RSTP/MSTP, LAG, MC-LAG or SPB and first-hop resilience and security protocols.
- Understanding of SDN concepts and exposure in implementing SDN based solutions.
- Hands on work with specific vendors' equipment, including Cisco (IOS, ASA) and Juniper. With evidence in the form of a CCNP certification.
You will be joining a business that researches, develops and supports secure applications and systems with the main focus of combating cyber-crime. There are a number of high profile customers that need talented professionals, to help in creating innovative solutions to the latest security vulnerabilities and countermeasures.
This will also provide an opportunity to get a foot in the door of the defence sector. All candidates with be put through DV clearance and given access to top secret access to mission critical projects.
You will also be joining a business that is renowned for their investment in their employees. This organisation boast an impressive internal structure that is designed around pushing employees to reach their potential and support their aspirations. With one of the largest training budgets in the UK and a company culture where difference is celebrated and innovation is encouraged.Apply
Due to the nature of the work carried out by this client, to be considered for the role you must be have a transferable DV CLEARANCE
Please contact Robyn Clarke at Evolution Recruitment for more details.