10th December 2019
£28019 - £32964
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About Our Client
Our client’s purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, their crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. They’re looking for an Electrician to join their Facilities Team. The Facilities Department supports the organisation through assisting with the maintenance of the built environment, in order that the organisation may meet its business objectives.
Some of the benefits
- Salary of £28,019 - £32,964 (dependent on experience)
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
As an Electrician, you will be tasked with focusing on the following areas:
- Supporting delivery of Health & Safety policy and standards. Working safely, ensuring the safety and well-being of yourself, colleagues, customers, contractors and visitors
- Working with a team and individually. Proactively carrying out routine planned preventative maintenance (PPM), repair and diagnose complex non-standard faults and carry out repairs
- Installing new plant and equipment when required
- Proactively carrying out repairs, maintenance and installation outside of their core trade but within their capabilities
- Working with third party contractors/suppliers on minor projects including carrying out site Health & Safety inductions
You’ll be tasked to carry out various electrical works on properties across our client’s estate. This will include standard and technical repairs. The Electrician will need to have experience in areas such as - electrical test and inspection, installation of new circuits, technical fault finding and building services controls systems.
To be considered as an Electrician, you will need to:
- Have a positive attitude towards health & safety
- Enjoy working in a service environment
- Have a pragmatic, positive approach to the job and customers
- Enjoy learning new skills and want to broaden your building services knowledge
- Possess a can do attitude and can deliver results without close supervision
Other organisations may call this role Maintenance Electrician, Electrician Technician, Facilities Electrician, Building Maintenance Electrician, Plant Electrician, or Machinery Electrician.
So, as an Electrician you will need to have a positive attitude towards health & safety, high attention to detail, an organised approach, be technically competent and open to learning new skills. If you want to see how Electricians support our client’s aim to reduce drowning, this could be the role for you. Please apply via the button shown.
Our client is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. They expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for this role is the 1st January 2020.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.