We're the CIPD " the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We've been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
As Infrastructure and Operations Manager, you will manage, control and ensure the people, processes, partners and technologies are employed efficiently to ensure the ongoing and future viability, adaptability and performance of the CIPD technology infrastructure and operations services.
Working as part of the IT senior management team (SMT), you will ensure the delivery of high-levels of service and availability, project delivery resources, technical architecture, and technology strategy.
This role requires some weekend and out of hours commitment.
What You'll Be Doing
- Leading the IT Infrastructure and Operations function in the delivery and support of enterprise IT infrastructure and identify opportunities for innovation or the adoption of new technology, enabling the CIPD to deliver on relevant strategic initiatives
- Leading the planning and execution of capacity, performance and risk management strategies to ensure there are the appropriate levels of availability, stability and capability in CIPD's IT systems
- Ensuring the quality of service for first line IT support is customer-centric and maintained at acceptable levels; act as the escalation point for all issues regarding internal customer support and IT infrastructure, and to deliver continuous improvement in areas of IT service provision. To ensure the appropriate development of capability and skills within the operational team
- Working with other members of the IT SMT to build strong professional relationships and ensure effective delivery of IT services. Develop a highly respected reputation for professionalism and knowledge amongst all business stakeholders
- Acting as a subject matter expert on IT infrastructure and operations issues, providing input to decision-making process for CIPD projects, strategic plans and budget requirements
- Acting as subject matter expert on information security issues, providing input and expertise on security requirements for existing and new infrastructure and processes
- Working with the Head of IT own and be accountable for the infrastructure and operations strategy for core technologies and acting as a Technical Architect for the area. Working with other senior member of IT to define and deliver the agreed IT and digital strategy
- Continuously analysing technology partner relationships and solutions, using influence and decision-making capabilities to ensure that the CIPD will optimise costs, capability and performance of infrastructure systems and services
- Full supplier management of the vendors that service Infrastructure and Operations ensuring they meet the require standards in terms of service quality, performance and value
What You'll Need To Be Successful
- Extensive knowledge of data centre operations, telecommunications, cloud technologies, network engineering, data centre applications, client/server computing, and production operations support:- Specific technologies of note include but not limited to; Office 365, Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications; Brocade and Cisco networking; and VMware virtualisation products.
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as virtual and hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, network architecture (LAN/WAN) database administration and outsourced systems.
- Significant experience in supplier management to enable the best performance from vendors in providing required services for quality, value and performance.
- Credible knowledge of ITSM and tooling to lead the IT department on best practice, process and structure, and continuous improvements across core disciplines.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
- Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect the team toward new objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Thursday 9 January 2020.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days' holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual - we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible