We're looking for a Solutions Architect to define our DevOps capability.
This is a greenfield project where you'll be developing practices and defining tools that increase our ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity in conjunction with an SI partner.
The successful candidate will have experience of designing solutions to enable the following capabilities - Collaboration, Automation, Continuous integration, Continuous testing, Continuous delivery and Continuous monitoring.
Key skills, knowledge, experience and competencies:
• A depth of full lifecycle solution delivery experience acting across both the business and technical architecture spaces either alone or acting as a team you will need to understand the environments suite to formulate recommendations, and then be client-facing to present and get buy in from senior stakeholders re the recommendations.
• Experience of setting up repeatable Automated Test Environments with DevOps tooling (or other similar ways of achieving more change through the delivery pipe).
• Knowledge covering the end to end code deployment lifecycle and how to push more through it (e.g. environment creation, DevOps Processes and tools, code branching, release management processes).
• Experience of authoring operating model designs and lower level tech designs, and/or inputting to the designs of 3rd parties.
• Technical knowledge and the ability to confidently communicate in a team of technical experts who work on creating numerous complex/technical environments covering both on premise and cloud solutions.
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools (e.g. one or more of GitHub, JIRA/Confluence, sonarqube, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, Vault, JFrog Artifactory, Ansible, INSPEC, Liquibase)
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Strong architecture and design skills preferably in a Service Orientated Architecture
• Good understanding of IT architecture modelling tools and languages such as UML, BPMN, and TOGAF and Zachman
• Proven ability to explain complex concepts in a non-technical way
• Proven record of working with business stakeholders and communicating complex problems in a business context
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey w