|Listed on:||29th November|
|Salary/Rate:||£25,000 - £25,000|
|Start Date:||2019-11-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||SSP Branded|
Associate Infrastructure Engineer
Birmingham Business Park, West Midlands
Up to £25,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to want to work with great people, in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a passionate Associate Infrastructure Engineer to join our Managed Services team at our office based at the Birmingham Business Park.
We'd like to meet an Associate Infrastructure Engineer with:
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy and Permissions
- Good understanding of Windows Server Technologies (Such as 2008, 2012 and 2016)
- VMware knowledge or experience would be highly desirable
- Understanding of Exchange, but not essential as full training will be provided
- The ability to investigate and provide efficient solutions for technical issues raised in a timely manner
-Experience in working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to work proactively and independently
The Associate Infrastructure Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the day to day activities relating to the installation, configuration and operation of SSP's hosted infrastructure
- The estate has approximately 4500 Virtual Servers and therefore administering Windows Server and Active Directory will form a large part of this role
- Investigate and solve technical problems and long-term outstanding issues
- Assist in release management and technical integration processes for projects
- Document and improve existing processes and procedures?
- System performance monitoring and reporting
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
What are SSP's values?
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
To apply for the role of Associate Infrastructure Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Systems Engineer, Networking Engineer, or Network Engineer.