Director of Data Management
29th November 2019
£70000 - £70000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
JOB TITLE: Director of Data Management
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000pa
Clearance: Baseline Clearance
The effective use of data is key to the successful delivery of the client's strategic goals. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer as part of the CIO Portfolio this is a key senior management appointment to build the Data Management Capability for the client. The successful candidate will lead the development of the data management strategy, and the implementation of critical data management functions and capabilities at a time of great change and opportunity for data across the organisation.
Specifically, the Director of Data Management will take ownership for and lead:The Data Management outcomes for a major system and OU transformation project covering the entire Student Life Cycle.The implementation of a Business as Usual series of capabilities that come from and are built in parallel to the programme delivery.The implementation of a Master Data Management Capability to master Student and Course data, followed by a review of all Mater and Reference data management opportunities.The implementation of Data Quality process that will support clear and transparent visibility of Data issues, and support processes for teams across the OU to resolve those issues.The implementation of Metadata and Business Glossary tools and processes to capture the meaning of critical data across the OU from business meaning to technical sources.The identification of ways in which the OU can integrate and leverage existing Metadata capabilities from its extensive library and Learning catalogue.The building of an effective data management team that develops and motivates people to do the right thing with data across the OU and brings the core data management disciplines together.The creation of internal and external partnerships to create sustainable and targeted data outcomes. For example:Working closely with the Head of Data Governance and Information Rights to partner on the successful implementation of data management practices alongside data governance standards.Management of 3rd party providers of expertise and technology solutions in data management.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
· Leading change and communicating complexity in a simple manner.
· Building and maintaining highly motivated teams that bring together a number of specialist disciplines.
· Explaining in simple terms how data management can create value by showing a strong grasp of the practical fundamentals of data management.
· Implementing data governance processes at a practical level with data users.
· Implementing meta data and business glossary's in a focussed manner.
· Implementing and running data quality processes.
· Data migrations/integrations, mapping, cleansing, testing, reporting, and go live control processes.
· Leading large programmes or work streams with a practiced delivery mentality.
· Working in a large and complex organisation where stakeholder engagement and collaboration are key to success.
· Working with confidence and credibility at all levels, including senior executives.
· Understanding and interpreting operational risks in a way that drives action.
· Working with regulatory bodies, and interpreting/implementing regulation in data terms at a practical level.