Senior / Lead Business Analyst
28th November 2019
£500 - £600
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior / Lead IT Business Analyst3 MonthFarnboroughUp to £600 p/dayMy client is seeking a highly experienced Lead Business Analyst to join their busy team based in Farnborough.The successful candidate will manage a team of Business Analysts ensuring consistency of output and productive utilisation across the teams in support of the projects being implemented for the corporate business. They will also ensure continuous improvement of business processes and the tools used by the department and the wider business.They will also manage the project initiation process and authorise all business cases in order to validate the required level of investment has been captured and ensure that the business benefits are realistic and achievable.Applicants must hold SC Clearance or be willing / eligible to undergo the process.Key Accountabilities:* Support the Head of IT Strategy and Governance to define a project pipeline, aligned to business priorities, with responsibility for a section of the global business systems.
* Maintain relationships with Senior Managers throughout the organisation and key business stakeholders, advertising Group IT capabilities, evangelising their successes, and positively managing the communication during disruptive events.
* Act as the primary interface between business units and IT to ensure the alignment between the delivery of IT solutions, capabilities, or other project work, and the operational and strategic goals and priorities of the business unit.
* Become a trusted advisor to the global business by helping focus business leadership efforts in, identifying and formulating strategy, initiatives, proposals, and business cases to achieve their objectives, while maintaining alignment with the IT environment and strategy through creating awareness and understanding of current and future technological capabilities.
* Maintain an awareness of all planned IT projects, with a view to looking for potential benefits the business unit may gain from joint project participation, managing the initiation process for new projects, representing the business unit in IT Steering Committees,approving all business cases, and ensuring a smooth transition of the projects into delivery.
* Manage a team of Business and Systems Analysts including managing the team' workload in line with client policies and procedures; continuously improving processes, encouraging high performance, and acting as a role model for corporate behaviours.
Knowledge and Skills:* Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units. Familiarity with industry trends and innovation.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to capture and explain goals and objectives to business as well as technical leadership.
* Excellent analytical, collaboration and facilitation skills.
* Effective influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources between business units.
* Highly empathetic and able to apply different engagement styles to match the needs of a variety of business stakeholders, as well as temperaments and personalities.
* Familiarity with the use of reporting tools to monitor activities and analyse project performance.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* Proven experience of leadership responsibilities.
* Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organisation design and development.
* Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.