Exciting opportunity for a IT Business Analyst to work in DAC6 Regulatory Tax Compliance in the City of London.
This hands on role requires a business analyst to apply their expertise in securities and banking products and processes to define procedures and technology solution to capture applicable cross border transactions to be reported to the HRMC.
A leading global investment bank within financial services in the City of London.
- The DAC6 Business Analyst in the City of London will help shape the financial services programme
- Work as a BA with the Tax department, helping to shape and define target the DAC6 solution
- Setup meetings, organize workshops with the wider project team and drive functional requirements
- Document Business and Functional Requirements and obtain stakeholder sign-off
- Define procedures for the Tax department, Trading Desks, New Products Approval Committees and other forums that may impact the need and process of reporting
- Work with technical developers and assist with defining data sourcing and data processing
- Apply industry experience and ensure the solution incorporates "best practice"
- Demonstrate the solution to end users, recording user feedback and incorporating changes where applicable
- Understand the principals of project scope and assist the project manager in dealing with scope changes
- Help define test strategy and undertake testing, in particular assist with UAT testing, helping the userbase to complete their tests and provide summary or management KPI's
- Log defects accurately and ensuring defect management is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Work with neighbouring technology and project teams to ensure changes and rolled out in a co-ordinated manner which is non-disruptive to the business
- Provide a level of post live support and assist with remediation where necessary
- Experience working as a technical Busines Analyst on projects with an intimate understanding of project life cycle, project discipline, project governance and project reporting
- Demonstrable successful track record delivering IT solution to an investment firm
- Hands on experience working on implementing Tax or Regualtory solutions
- Understand traded derivative products and its supporting reference data
- Knowledge of the trade life cycle with an understanding of system and reporting behaviours
- An academic appreciation of data sourcing, field mapping, ETL & interfacing within a database management system
- Would be considered an advantage having prior knowledge or experience working with settlement systems such as Gloss, or trading platforms such as Murex
- Exceptional communication skills, being able to converse with a wide variety of stakeholders and lead/conduct workshops
- Flexible, delivery focused approach to work with an exceptional level of commitment
An opportunity to join an established function working on the latest regulatory change and technology programme.