IT Support Analyst
27th November 2019
£20000 - £24000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
I.T. Support Analyst c£24k pa
(networks, Office 365, SQL, Windows 7 to 10, Server 2012/2016 )Location: Nottingham
Job Type: PermanentThe role:An exciting opportunity exists for an individual that has an interest in IT and is keen to take their knowledge further to join our IT Support team.The primary responsibility of the IT Support Analyst is to resolve incidents raised to the IT Support Desk, providing support to stores, warehouses and office users. These incidents are raised via the different mediums of telephone, email, online web portal and face to face. Not every call is the same and you will be dealing with a variety of issues whether they be hardware, software, networking or others, you are required to be adaptable and quick thinking to get you through incident to incident. As we are a retail business, you will find a variety of technologies such as Point of Sale systems, Handheld Scanners, Printers, Routers, Switches and many more.About the Team/Department:The Support Desk are one of many sections within the IT department. We make up part of the UK based support desk with another section of the team based in London, as well as making up the wider global Support Desk with teams across Europe and in Malaysia. The Support Desk provides round the clock support with the UK team covering 0700-2300 Weekdays, 0700-2000 Saturdays and 0800-1900 Sundays. Shifts are 9-hour days and are rotated between the team. Weekend work will be required occasionally as well as On-Call shifts. What we want from you:* Great communication skills
* Adaptability to change
* The right attitude to progress your IT Career
* An eagerness to learnEssential skills:* A Basic understanding of networks (TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, ADSL etc.)
* Knowledge of Windows Administrative Tools (ADDS, DNS, DHCP, Print Management etc.)
* An understanding of Microsoft Applications and Operating Systems (including Office 365, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows 7 - 10)
* Good troubleshooting skillsDesirable Skills:* Troubleshooting Cisco networking equipment such as switches, routers and access points
* Administering Windows Domain (ADDS,DNS,DHCP etc.)
* SQL querying against Oracle or MS SQL databases
* Citrix environment (XENAPP 7.6)
* PowerShell skills (Scripting / Applications)
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SCCM, SCOM etc.
* Recognised Industry Technical Qualifications
* The ability to converse in another European language would be an advantageTo apply, please forward your CV along with your salary expectations and notice period.