Comic Relief is —like most charities —in the midst of a digital transformation and is looking for an experienced engineer to work closely with the Executive Director of Digital & Innovation to continue to steer the organisation through change, and collaborate with our IT Team to make the right technology decisions and evolve our service-oriented architecture. The successful applicant will have knowledge of a range of technologies, primarily: web, API design, CRM,but also tech architecture, tech strategy and tech innovation.
- Champion and transform our strategy and business processes to deliver a best in class digital ecosystem in alignment with business vision
- Assess capabilities of and identify suitable SaaS and enterprise solutions to deliver against Comic Relief's strategy and facilitate a loosely coupled API-driven data ecosystem
- In collaboration with IT
- Prepare and deliver technology reviews and assessments of current technology solutions, roadmaps and architectural improvements.
- Facilitate and deliver technology projects -combining bespoke and commercial software solutions
- Innovate and progress Comic Relief's digital giving capabilities to deliver best in class Customer Experiences
- Take an instrumental role in establishing D&I's reputation as the trusted digital and technology powerhouse for Comic Relief
- With the Exec Director, lead Comic Relief's role in the ‘charity as a platform' discussion and developing our strategy for meaningful contribution and participation
- Progress Machine Learning projects that either unlock access to unrealised assets | streamline inefficient processes | accelerate a strategic goal (tbd which opportunities are the best candidates)
- Devise, prototype and deliver at least one significant data science project per half-year in collaboration with the Data Lead
- Create opportunity for engineering team members to have closer ties to Comic Relief's Social Tech portfolio e.g. mentoring, tech clinics, code reviews
- Champion agile working practices across the organisation, in common with the rest of D&I.
Essential Education and Competencies:
- You are a highly organised, credible technologist, excellent communicator, with strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- You're a pragmatic technologist who knows how to explore, position and communicate trade-offs
- Have a technology specialism -you will have spent the majority of your career in a technology role
- Good knowledge of digital delivery -particularly through Product, Technology and people change, backed up with your own insights and POVs in tech
To apply please visit our website via apply button.
Role closes - 12:00pm, 11th Dec 2019 GMT (Europe/London)