Retrain as a Software Developer
TechSwitch's mission is to provide people from all walks of life with the opportunity to become expert Software Developers. Our training bootcamp will help you expand your horizons, learn new skills and enter a new industry, even if you've never written a line of code.
Our 12-week bootcamp re-trains you as a Software Developer. Once you complete the course, we'll help find you an 18-month industry placement - and pay £30,000 per year.
On a mission to diversify tech
We are passionate about closing the diversity gap within the tech sector and want to make sure that anyone who wants to become a software developer has the opportunity, regardless of their background. That's why we provide a course which requires no previous experience with software development and then gets you your first step on the career ladder as a Software Developer, all the while supported by us.
- Training hours are 10am-4pm Monday to Friday, giving you time to do the school run and conduct independent studying when it works for you
- Top of the range laptops, monitors etc are provided for training
- One-to-one mentoring and support throughout the training and the 18-month placement
- Tea, coffee and snacks provided
- Really lovely trainers who have gone through the training themselves and used it in their careers as Software Developers
Who it's for
TechSwitch is for people from any background who want to become Software Developers.
For example, you might be...
- Working in another sector and wanting a career change, perhaps for a better work-life balance or more challenging role
- Just out of university or college, and keen to be part of the vibrant tech industry
- On a career break, and looking to return to work in a way that fits around your life
What you get from TechSwitch
- A 12-week bootcamp, to train you in the basics of software development and dive into programming languages that will help you hit the ground running on your placement. We also provide training in agile ways of working, DevOPs, software design, testing and relevant soft skills.
- A personal mentor: Changing careers is a big leap. To support you on this journey, we provide a mentor, who will keep in touch with you throughout bootcamp and your placement, giving career advice and taking care of your wellbeing.
- Help securing an 18-month paid industry placement, where you'll be part of a development team, writing code and building up valuable software engineering skills and experience.
- We've almost 20 years' experience in training people to become outstanding software engineers.
- Your paid placement gives you financial security and priceless industry experience.
- We have a strong focus on diversity and recruit people based on their potential rather than solely experience.
- You'll be taught by a team of people who work at the cutting edge of the tech sector, day-in, day-out. We've built software to stream Glastonbury's headliners. We've helped shape key UK government cloud computing roadmaps. We worked with DeepMind and Moorfields Eye Hospital to use artificial intelligence to diagnose sight-threatening eye diseases.
- You'll learn first-hand what it takes to build software that can change lives and improve the world we live in.
How to apply
Please click the APPLY button and upload your CV and cover letter.
Closing date for February cohort is 15 January 2020