Work as part of the 2nd Line IS Loughborough Support team to provide 2nd Line support to 500+ users across the UK, delivering and maintaining a ‘best of breed' IS Service function. Limited travel within a number of sites including extended visits may be required
- Deliver 2nd Line IS support (break / fix problems and service requests) effectively and in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes, working remotely and locally supporting Loughborough contact centre and colleagues working from alternate locations.
- Work with other IS Service Desk and 3rd line infrastructure and application support teams effectively to ensure that excellent end-to-end IT support services are provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the IS operational service.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with VIPs, key colleagues and managers in the business and in other teams within IS.
- Perform service analysis, proactive service monitoring, project activities as assigned and create documentation as required
- 2 years' experience of providing IT support in 1st/2nd line capacity
- A good understanding of IT operational support frameworks, including incident & problem management and change control.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have knowledge and experience of a corporate environment, preferably in a contact centre.
- Possess strong customer facing skills and the ability to build and maintain working relationships at all levels.
- Be educated to ‘A' level standard or equivalent
- A strong technical understanding of Windows 7/8/10, MS Office 2016, Office 365, SCCM
- Experience using Active Directory, Exchange Online, Sharepoint, Novell
- Experience with hardware such as Dell, HP, Microsoft and Samsung workstations, tablets and smartphones
- Any IT qualifications desirable
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.