Job Title: IT Support Analyst
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Reporting to the Group IT Manager, an exciting position has arisen for an experienced IT Support Analyst, in the IT service support team, supporting multiple sites in the UK. The role will suit candidates looking to work in an IT environment which is cloud enabled, using best in class applications and who want to provide excellent customer service, enjoy finding solutions for problems and are enthusiastic about software and technology.
As part of a successful, growing company with a big investment in technology you will have the opportunity to advance your skills and abilities through experience and training. They look for people who want to develop their careers and are eager to not only perform their day job to a high standard but also get involved with new projects and assignments where possible
- Provide professional end user support of business applications and systems, associated services and configurations, ranging from entry level desktop support to more advanced support issues across the head office (circa 250 users).
- Working alongside other group roles to support other offices across the UK as needed, including travel.
- Administrate Servers, Laptops, PCs, Tablets, Mobiles and network devices, ensuring they are fully operational and tested
- Configure and maintain automated software deployment imaging tool to enable rapid deployment of standard build laptops and PCs
- Administrate system backups and recovery within agreed RTO and RPO
- Update technical document installation, configuration practices / procedures
- Assist with daily system monitoring of servers, critical business applications, LAN, WAN and telecoms
- Review and apply hardware firmware, software security patches and updates
- Provide effective root cause analysis investigations for problem management incidents
- Research and recommend innovative IT solutions
- Investigate, diagnose and take ownership to resolve IT support issues
- Maintain the company's network and server infrastructure operating systems and applications
- Ensure potential information security risks are identified and dealt with as a priority
- Maintain the security and integrity of the company's IT systems
- Administrate group telephone system and call centre wallboards
- Maintain accurate departmental records, including hardware assets and software licenses
- Ensure that software license terms are not breached
- Assist with agreed plans to install or upgrade hardware and software
- Able to diagnose hardware and software faults
- Analytical and systematic approach to troubleshooting
- Willingness to learn and develop skills and knowledge, adapting to changing landscape
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptive and Proactive work approach
- Effective written and good verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
- Able to work within a team or on own initiative
- Full UK driving license and ability to travel between offices
Experience and Knowledge
- 1st and 2nd line end user Windows desktop and Windows Server and Network support in an enterprise, multi-site environment
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016 including Remote Desktop Services, Windows 10, and Exchange Server O365
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies and network share best practice permission setup.
- Office 365 administration and successful tenancy migrations.
- Extensive Microsoft Powershell scripting language.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Deployment of automated software deployment tools ideally Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Administration of Cisco / HPE network switches, VLANs and wireless access points.
- Must have good understanding of TCP/IP and network routing concepts
- Centralised hardware firmware, operating system and application patches and updates
- Checking full system backups and recovery techniques using Azure or Veeam
- Update system configuration and network documentation
- Centralised end point security management, ideally Mimecast and McAfee
- Manage Engine Service Desk Plus, Atlassian Jira / Confluence and Salesforce application experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 or 4 practices: Foundation certification (desirable)
- Technical qualifications: MCP and MCSA (desirable)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: IT Support, IT Helpdesk Support, IT Customer Support Technician, 2nd Line Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Customer Support Specialist, IT Support Engineer, IT Desktop Support, IT Technician may also be considered for this role.