Senior DevOps Engineer - SC Cleared
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
21st November 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
REQUIRED: Senior DevOps Engineer
DURATION: 3 Months
The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
* Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings, designing larger more complex solutions.
* Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
* Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, controlling technical scope and the work of the design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
* Represents the client at customer forums, conferences, and professional bodies to build the clients reputation in the market place.
* Establishes customer requirements for a solution building strong relationships and acting as a major influence in the customer choosing our client.
* Contributes to definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity, and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation.
* Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the client's knowledge base.
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
*A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability auto scaling containerised deployments in AWS or Azure
* Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
Key Performance Indicators
* Demonstrably operates as the overall infrastructure Customer Solution Architect [CSA] for large, complex solutions.
* Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
* Authors design and test documents for large, complex infrastructures, whose risk and cost elements are accepted by the overall CSA or Project Manager.
* Can evidence regular contributions to customer forums, conferences and professional bodies.
* Tangible recognition from customers and/or the client's sales of being a major influence in the customer choosing our client.
* Using company prescribed methodologies, can demonstrate a contribution to the definition of customer overall IT architecture, including new solutions or significant size and complexity and which contain solution components from contributing specialists.
* Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
*Cloud Computing services, specifically AWS or Microsoft Azure
*Containerisation such as Docker
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.