QA Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer
Spring Group Plc
20th November 2019
City Of London
£45000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A Housing Association based in the City of London, seeks an experienced Software QA Engineer, to join them.
This role is part of the technical solutions department. Technical Solutions is responsible to drive technology innovation and deliver pragmatic and working solutions aligned with the company's strategic goals in its continuing mission to improve the efficiency of the operations and the customer satisfaction.
* To ensure that new and changed features/systems/solutions created by the technical solutions team are fit-for-purpose and operate without defect prior to the release to live.
* QA engineers work with other team members, other delivery teams and other teams within the I.T. department to ensure that the service delivered to the business users is of the highest standard.
* To work with Developers, Business Analysts, the Product Owner and business users to fully understand the requirements for items to be built so that appropriate tests can be applied.
* To analyse features and user stories and create appropriate test scenarios and scripts.
* To execute manual tests against new and changed features, capture the results of testing and work with the other Scrum delivery team members to resolve any defects or issues.
* To apply the automated regression test pack and run manual elements of regression testing to ensure overall quality and stability of new application builds.
* To support the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Lead Developers and Delivery Manager with information to enable effective work planning and team operation.
* To actively participate in support of live products, including investigation and resolution of defects.
* To maintain documentation in accordance with established team and organisation standards to support the ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of the CRM and Channels products.
* To participate constructively in the continuous improvement of the team methods.
* To maintain knowledge of industry trends in technical practice and testing products.
Skills & Experience:
* Experience of performing the tester role in a Scrum-agile context, including a clear understanding of how the Scrum team operates.
* Experience of manual testing from test scripts and the communication of test results.
* Ability to create tests and test scripts from user story acceptance criteria.
* Ability to write and maintain well-formed test scenarios at a feature level.
* Experience performing exploratory testing.
* Good knowledge of testing techniques and practice.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement