18th November 2019
£364 - £417
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A Project Manager is required for our client in Exeter for an initial 6 month contract The successful candidate will project manage a customer facing data services project and handover to BAU. This is a key project within our client's strategic data services programme, with commensurate senior sponsorship and visibility. Responsibilities- Accountable to the programme for all aspects of delivery of the customer access project.
- Identify the outputs / work packages / deliverables required to deliver the capabilities committed
- Plan the project activities.
- Manage and motivate the project team and 3rd party partner to ensure tasks are completed against the project plan.
- Build relationships and communicate with all stakeholders to manage requirements and expectations.
- Monitor, manage and report progress against plan, resource schedule and budget.
- Identify and prioritise risks, issues and dependencies and ensure mitigating actions are taken. Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities- This is a senior project manager role which requires someone who can lead and operate proactively at all levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communications skills - able to articulate detail succinctly.
- Significant experience in managing high risk, complex projects through the full life of a project.
- Significant experience in managing project teams and 3rd parties within a programme.
- Ability to manage projects using both agile and gated processes.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to manage a backlog of requirements, prioritise them and define them into Sprints.
- Experience of both IT and business change.
- Experience of delivering customer facing web solutions.
- Knowledge of User and Customer experience management.
- Commercial acumen. Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities- PRINCE 2, MSP or similar.
- Knowledge of JIRA or similar.
- Knowledge of e-Commerce and data services.
- Experience of projects to develop new services.
- Public sector / central government experience.