|Listed on:||18th November|
|Salary Notes:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alice Jablonski|
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients, their customers, and our own employees.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
You understand the vital role that relationships play in building trust and that technology plays in transforming businesses, quickly spotting and sharing opportunities that others might miss. You use your interpersonal skills to become the trusted adviser with clients and drive projects to successful conclusions while working with business development & sales individuals to grow our Data & AI pipeline.
About the Job
As a Data & AI Manager, you will build our pipeline and sales across Advisory. You will not only have a broad wealth of technology knowledge; you will have sector experience that will allow you to share your insights in a way that others can easily understand. You'll be opening your client's eyes to the opportunities and challenges presented by Data & AI technologies guiding them as we help transform their business. You're the authority on assessing needs, no matter how they're expressed, and pulling together innovative solutions with the assistance of your Advisory peers to enable repeatability of the solution.
In the role, you will:
- Work with senior clients to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and analytical solutions.
- Planning and leading business diagnosis around Data and AI issues
- Guiding the team through problem definition, issue identification and work plan development using problem solving principles and past experience
- Tailor propositions to take to market for specific industry sector(s)
- Write complete project proposals including shaping the proposed solution, and collaborating with other Avanade individuals to secure new client work
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams (and often leading teams) on large-scale, complex and important projects
- Act as a mentor to guide the development of your team members, ensuring they have a healthy work-life balance, and enjoy their time working you while you effective identify and deal with team problems and performance issues
You've got demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy directly and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor to a client. You have experience in sales; pre-sales or consulting within a particular market sector. You have a good understanding of Data & AI technologies and trends, and some knowledge of the Microsoft eco-system.
You have at least six years of experience in consulting / advisory with a strong focus on Data & AI technology implementation / transformation / strategy, and at least four years as a manager. You use your strong business acumen to inspire and develop teams, budgets and business targets.
Ideally, your experience includes:
- Experience in one or more industry sectors and understanding of the business drivers and requirements of the industry
- Direct senior client facing experience during data/Data Science/AI implementations from innovation to industrialisation
- Experience of advising and delivering data and AI projects e.g. data and analytics operating model design, data science, data governance, business case for data and analytics, or data trust and privacy
- Good understanding of the realities of data within large enterprises and the challenges they face in gaining benefit from it
- Good ability to translate business requirements and work with solution architects to translate into plausible technical solutions
- Knowledge and opinions of the challenges organisations face on their journey to the Modern Data Platform
- Good understanding of the different methodologies and delivery approaches such as DevOps, Agile and Kanban
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language
- Explaining complex technologies and concepts in a non-technical language