SQL Database Administrator
15th November 2019
Newcastle Upon Tyne
£13 - £16
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SQL Database AdministratorSouth Tyneside£13-£16 per hour - 3 month contract, subject to extensionA key client of ours are looking to bolster their team with an immediate requirement for a SQL DBA. As one of the unsung heroes within the tech team, you will be responsible for ensuring optimal data access and storage.This position requires an immediate start, so apply now to be consideredKey duties are listed below:
* Configure, manage & maintain SQL Servers across multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Proactively monitor and maintain the corporate databases to ensure high availability and limited downtime.
* Perform routine database maintenance, to include backups, restores to support disaster recovery plans on Test and Live environments.
* Manage Install database releases, upgrades and service packs and set up and manage maintenance plans.
* Work closely with the IT Engineers to provide up to date and consistent build specification and documentation for the core MIS systems, including security.
* Safeguard the integrity of information ensuring easy and timely authorised access.
* Create end user reports utilising Business Objects, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS etc.)
Who are we looking for?
* Experience of in SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016 Administration.
* Experience in SQL Server Development, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS etc.)
* Good understanding of data analytics, data reporting and presentation.
* Knowledge of Disaster Recovery options