Software Developer - building software used by Pixar and DreamWorks
Evolution Recruitment Solutions Ltd
14th November 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Would you like to build software that is used by the likes of Pixar and DreamWorks!
We are looking for an enthusiastic software developer who wants to develop software that connects with our partners working in many industries around the world. The scope of this role also extends to include working on our main application, R and D on new technologies and techniques, continuous development systems, and working closely with 3rd party rendering companies and API's.
We work with companies who build CGI solutions for industries like - Film, TV, Gaming and Automotive to name a few.
• Develop and deliver high quality work on schedule and to the specification.
• Participate in code and documentation reviews.
• Provide time estimates for tasks.
• Provide input to technical writers producing documentation.
• Work with support engineers on customer issues.
• Able to work with autonomy, taking ownership of significant areas of code.
• Managing the direction, development, installers, and API for all connections
• Maintaining continuous development system
• Liaising with partners to maintain compatibility and functionality of connections
• Well organised, self-motivated, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Passion and understanding of 3D graphics, lighting, and rendering
• Visual Studio
• object-oriented design skills
• Cross platform development (OSX, Windows, Linux)
• Strong mathematical understanding
• performance considerations relating to memory and algorithm use
Desired (chance to learn)
• C/C++, Python
• Performance analysis and code optimisation
• Shell/Bash/DOS scripting
• GCC compiling and debugging
• Qt and STL
• Multi-Threaded programming
• DCC tools (Maya, 3dsMax, Cinema4D, Lightwave, MODO etc)
• Using modelling and rendering software
• 3D principles and computing solutions
Ian at Evolution is reviewing CV's and can provide further details once you have applied.