|Listed on:||13th November|
Risk Analyst - Actuary
The main responsibility of the Risk Analyst is to provide risk guidance, advice and challenge to the First Line of Defence.
The UK&E Risk function is responsible for effectively advising and challenging key stakeholders, challenging risks effectively and proactively, and adding value through providing enhanced business insights to support the delivery of customers long term needs.
* To understand external business standards, sharing best practice and implementing interventions where required
* To provide effective and efficient guidance or oversight
* To work with others in Risk to challenge the business in its approach to risk identification, quantification, mitigation and management
* To work with the business to ensure the right outcomes for customers
* To ensure embedding of and compliance with regulatory requirements as well as compliance with risk appetites, management guidelines, standards and policies
* If youre responsible for any legal agreements with third parties then you must make sure these are managed according to the Managing Contractual Relationships Framework. Youll find your responsibilities as an expenditure authoriser set out in the financial procedures manual for your business
* Make sure that all personal expenditure, and contractual and legal agreements are authorised, controlled and monitored according to our delegated authority requirements
* Understand our Code of Conduct and how it applies to your work. Comply with all relevant policies, including mandatory training
* Use your judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your business area
* Take all reasonable steps to make sure your business area fulfils its external regulatory, legal and industry obligations