|Listed on:||12th November|
|Salary/Rate:||£55,000 - £60,000|
|Contact Name:||uTrack Branded|
React.js Web Developer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum Plus Benefits (see below)
Are you an experienced developer seeking your next challenge? Want to develop new products with an up-and-coming business that's growing fast? If so, we want to hear from you.
uTrack is an innovative technology company that has created a platform to elevate passengers' experience of using public transport. We are a growing, award-winning company with FTSE 100 customers based in Ireland, the UK, Europe and the USA.
We've grown quickly in the short time since our inception and we're now looking for a React.js Web Developer to join our team in Birmingham.
Initially, you will lead the development of our ‘Driver Insights' product, which is focused on visualising a variety of interesting data about a large-scale public transport service, including the key performance metrics of vehicles and drivers.
As a React.js Web Developer, you will:
- Work on new products (so no inherited codebase)
- Have input into the functionality of established products and new releases
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Backend Teams
- Build new features, specify APIs, drive technical direction and develop scalable web apps
- Develop and refine a product which visualises interesting data from large-scale public transport services
- Work closely with the Head of Development, as well as Product Development, React.js and React Native Developers
To join us as a React.js Web Developer, you will need experience of the following:
- Client-side frameworks like React JS and React Native
- Building rich, data-driven web applications, consuming information from APIs and dynamically filtering data sources
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Working with visual designers in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
- Shipping large-scale web applications
You will also need:
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills
- An understanding of unit tests and regression testing
- The ability to rapidly prototype ideas into working code to assist in the design process
- The desire to learn new things!
Experience or knowledge of the following would be beneficial: Heroku or AWS for web app deployment, WebGL, tools like Gulp, Grunt, Express, Tape, Sinon, and Chai, geographic information systems, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment workflows, or backend technology like Ruby, Python or PHP.
Other organisations may call this role Web Developer, Front End Developer, Software Developer, Web App Developer, Mobile App Developer, Software Programmer, or App Development Engineer.
- Salary of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Great benefits such as generous healthcare and pension plan
- Perks such as gym membership and team nights out
- The opportunity to earn an annual performance-related bonus
- The latest technology to work with
- The chance to work with some of the most recognisable brands in public transport from around the world
- Join a diverse, international team
The closing date for applications is the 10th December 2019.
Webrecruit and uTrack are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of React.js Web Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.