2nd Line Engineer
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
12th November 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
2ND LINE SUPPORT ROLE
£225 INSIDE IR35
Standard skills and knowledge required
* Effective written and verbal communication skills and can present complex information.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, able to prioritise to meet deadlines and takes
full responsibility for quality and timescales of own work.
* A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving.
* Ability to contribute to and work well within a team.
* Ability to supervise, motivate and lead staff.
* Understands the needs of the customer and their differing levels of skills and experience.
* The ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
* Is proactive, takes action, and anticipates opportunities.
* Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving, with above average
interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Experience of working effectively in a diverse and inclusive work environment, with an
awareness to ensure that you act in an inclusive manner.
Specific skills and knowledge required
* In a second line desktop support and/or experience in a fast-paced service desk
* Proven ability to engage proactively with ICT users to deliver excellent advice, technical
support and solutions through a variety of methods, including coaching.
* Excellent telephone manner and ability to handle difficult customers and escalations, along
with the ability to manage customer expectations and communicate effectively.
* Good understanding of business activities across Parliament and how Members, their staff
and the administration of both Houses use digital services.
* Excellent organisational and time-keeping skills with the ability to proactively manage
personal work load, while taking full ownership of tickets through to resolution.
* Excellent technical knowledge of enterprise level computing including common hardware,
hardware build processes, supported operating systems, software and office productivity
* Good knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of technical support service providers.
* Good knowledge of current and emerging end user devices, with the ability to learn new
* Good understanding of ITIL best practices, in particular Incident and request Management,
Problem Management, Change Management and Continual Service Improvement.
* Skype for Business/Office 365/Apple Mac OS X support experience
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.