IT Support Engineer
12th November 2019
£24000 - £27000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
This is an opportunity to join an established and successful IT services company based in central London. Their job is to make their SME clients' IT work seamlessly, as well as being their trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments, including the latest email, collaboration and file sharing cloud technologies. As they build on their success, they are currently looking to expand their highly credible technical team.
You are a self-starter with a real passion for learning. The idea of working for a growing London-based business excites you and being part of a great team is important to you. You're a geek at heart and love to play around with the latest technologies.
You get a buzz from solving problems in a busy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using IT Jargon. You believe that the world can be a better place through the effective use of IT and want to help make that happen.
In this role, you will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all their clients. You will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic when it comes to managing issues, have a keenness to learn and develop an appreciation for the various client cultures and requirements. They have a Training Programme in place which ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support and spans both company-funded external training as well as in-role experience objectives.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Solid academic background in IT / computer related, Physics, Maths or Engineering discipline, possibly combined with Business
- 1-3 years' industry experience, in an IT Support related role
- Basic understanding of the following: hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix
- Great interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to engage professionally and deliver an exceptional client experience
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients.
- Demonstration of tenacity and character (for example via the Duke of Edinburgh Award)
- Client oriented attitude and continual focus on end user experience
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- IT qualifications and certifications would be a big advantage.
- Competitive starting salary
- Shift allowance and overtime
- 21 days holiday, public holidays, and birthday day off
- Flexible working after probation
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Regular performance reviews
- Regular team socials and a fun, friendly work environment
- Weekly fresh fruit
They are based nearby Farringdon and Chancery Lane Stations