A Cambridgeshire based company are seeking a Network Engineer to join their expanding team in Cambridge to support, maintain and enhance the organisation's infrastructure and equipment.
As an Engineer you will:
- Proactively monitor, handle and report any incidents or concerns around performance, utilisation and reliability.
- Assist with the management of switches, including Fibre Channel configuration / support, routers and WAN connection.
- Assist with the provisioning, capacity planning, upgrade and installation of the Wireless infrastructure and service.
- Support the VOIP service.
- Assist with fibre and UTP installations, server rooms, building cables, and communication cabinets.
- Maintain security according to security policies.
- Follow and implement security recommendations.
- Assist with firewall rule additions and changes, web/protocol filter exceptions, IPS signature addition / modification, upgrades and new installations of equipment, software/firmware revisions and security patching.
The ideal Network Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Recent experience of supporting corporate and enterprise class devices in a work environment with proven experience configuring enterprise class switches on a corporate network.
- Experience supporting enterprise firewall devices, including firewall rule configuration.
- In-depth experience supporting and maintaining wireless networks.
- Experience maintaining documentation, including configuration details, change control and topology diagrams.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and fault finding abilities, including familiarity with troubleshooting commands and tools such as Wireshark.
- In-depth knowledge of Ethernet networks, including: VLANs, IP address schemes and subnetting.
- Knowledge and awareness of security systems, controls and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy, time management, and attention to detail.
This is a full time role working 37 hours per week.
In return the Engineer will receive a salary of £ 31,100 to £45,500 per annum (depending on experience) plus 25 days holidays per annum, pension, onsite accommodation, sports & social club, nursery, restaurant facilities and free car parking.
To apply for this Engineers role, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.