IT Services MIS Officer / ICT Technician / IT Support Engineer
Job Title: ICT and MIS Officer
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 27th November 2019
Would you like to work for a vibrant and responsive regulated awarding body creating and awarding qualifications for learners of all ages?
They're a charitable trust and social enterprise which works in partnership to promote learning, widen opportunity and enable progression.
As an awarding body for education and training providers in Wales, they are committed to recognising learner achievement through units and qualifications which are flexible and responsive to the needs of individuals and communities.
They have over 30 years' of unparalleled experience and expertise in developing qualifications and supporting learning, assessment and verification in Wales. They use innovative and flexible approaches to develop qualifications so that they can support the raising of skills levels in Wales.
- Develop and maintain the company's website, online services and applications
- Develop new and existing systems at all stages from identifying need to implementation
- Work with internal and external colleagues to maximise the effective use of online services to support business and governance processes
- Embed developed systems into the processes they are designed to support by ensuring all colleagues are aware of developments and familiar with their use and benefits
- Support them in capturing and maintaining reliable and complete data in line with processes
- Identify processes and tasks where data capture is less effective and suggest improvements.
- Manage and maintain SQL Server databases and infrastructure
- Develop and maintain business intelligence reports
- Maintain and develop existing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Develop new SSRS reports to meet changing business needs
- Plan and perform network/workstation development and maintenance
- Contribute to hardware replenishment planning
- Install and configure hardware including desktop PCs, laptops, servers and networking devices
- Install and deploy server and client software
- In conjunction with the ICT and MIS Director and the Director for Human Resources and Finance, define and support the ongoing development of ICT skills within the company
- Identify ICT training needs within their staff
- Provide day-to-day support
- Provide technical expertise to support the design and production of marketing and promotional materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following
- ASP Classic
- Level 4 qualification in an ICT related subject (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to manage competing work tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate and quickly apply the following attributes to work
- Assimilation of new information
- Grasp of new software/tools
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Positive attitude to change
- Commitment to excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Welsh
- Degree level qualification in an ICT related subject (or equivalent experience)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of ICT Support Engineer, ICT Technician, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician may also be considered for this role.