|Listed on:||7th November|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Cann|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Support Engineer - Local TechHub (TSE)
To work within the Local TechHub Support Team responsible for providing first class desktop, audio visual and telephony support services, in conjunction with our outsourcing partner, to over 1,000 people in our client’s main London office and six regional offices.
Purpose of the Role
As the "face of ICT" and to support our client’s ICT’s focus on service, the TSE is customer focused in all interactions and puts the customer first when resolving incidents and fulfilling requests.
The TSE is proactive in the pursuit of issue identification and resolution, educates and trains customers where necessary, promoting ICT services and ensures customer feedback is captured and communicated within ICT for consideration.
To support the Service Management and Program Delivery Teams where required to ensure service levels and delivery is maintained and be proactive in the preparation of supporting new or changed ICT services. The TSE also participates as a technical resource in project delivery.
Requirements of the Role
Advice & Guidance: Specialist Advice
- Actively self maintains recognised expert level knowledge in O365, Intune MDM, SCCM and new meeting room technologies
- Provides definitive and expert advice, training and support in meeting room technologies, specifically Microsoft Teams, Teams Live Events, Surface Hubs and O365 Services
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation
- Advise colleagues in line with the Company Policy on Cyber Security
Stakeholder Management: Customer Service Support
- Provides customer centric ICT service in TechHub
- Assists with the resolution of incidents and problems by using internal and external resources
- Undertakes regular proactive floor walking activities and site visits to national regional offices
Service Operation: System Software
- Reviews and identifies those that merit action
- Maintain and administer mobile devices management using Intune MDM
- Tailors system software such as to maximise hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software
- Investigates system software updates and co-ordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems
Service Operation: Application Support
- Maintains application support processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports
Service Operation: Incident Management
- Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution
- Escalates unresolved and aged incidents
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents
- Maintains incidents record up to date and accurate
- Contributes in major incident resolution including security breaches
- Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures
Service Operation: Problem Management
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services
- Works with 3rd party and tracks, reports and until resolution
- Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Initiates and determines actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services
- Works with providers in contributing to forums around product suggestions and development, active participation in Microsoft’s User Voice platform
- Minimum ITIL v3 Foundation Level
- Qualifications such as Microsoft - MCDST, MCSE, MCSA, MCP or Cisco - CCNA, CCNP, and CCA are desirable
- Any other relevant technical accreditations
- Planning, project & programme management
- Relationship management (internal & external)
- Communication (written & oral)
- Problem solving & analysis
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
- Works on medium to complex Incident, request fulfilment and project activities
- Demonstrates understanding of Service Management and Project Management frameworks
- Understands when and where to find technical guides and advice to support stockholders and to resolve technical issues
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft desktop and Office 365 applications
- Administrator level expertise across Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365, Exchange online, Windows 10, print server and print management
- Networking skills layer 2/3, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, switch management, practical knowledge of Networking concepts LAN/WAN
- A basic to intermediate knowledge of Audio-Visual systems, including PA systems, interactive screens, audio mixers, vision mixers and ability to assist in the setting up, operating, editing and processing of meetings and events using Microsoft Teams in conjunction with a range of AV hardware
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 25th November 2019.
To apply for the role of IT Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Helpdesk Support Engineer, IT Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, IT Service Desk Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst.