About the Role
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This role will be part of a project team tasked with supporting the integration of Phoenix and Standard Life operational and reporting processes. This team will also drive operational change in Finance including IFRS 17.
- To support delivery of business change within the Integration workstreams, providing accounting expertise and guidance to support the overall project delivery.
- To ensure that designated Accounting project requirements are reviewed, captured, scoped, validated against IT design and implemented efficiently and effectively into BAU operations in a compliant manner.
- To manage the operational delivery of designated projects or tasks, ensuring appropriate MI is provided to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- To lead on designing appropriate controls to mitigate the risks inherent in a Life Company reporting process.
- To support delivery of the finance operations and reporting strategy for the coming years that aligns to the finance target operating model.
- To drive operational readiness of systems, processes, data and staff resulting from integration activity.
- Participate as required in preparing the Finance ledger and operational processes for IFRS 17 implementation.
We are looking for
- To manage and take responsibility for designated tasks or projects, managing the business requirements through the full project/change lifecycle where necessary.
- Ensure project business deliveries achieve the required standards of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Ensure Finance Change and Project Managers gain an understanding of the requirements to support project delivery, quickly identifying areas of concern and pro-actively seek ways to resolve them.
- Represent the accounting department at project working groups, providing regular updates on progress towards deliverables to project stakeholders and escalating significant risks, issues and dependencies as they arise.
- Develop accurate and timely MI to monitor project business activities appropriate to a range of target audiences.
- Lead on development and documentation of controls and processes for changes introduced from integration activity. Ensuring projects are compliant with controls and reporting framework.
- Manage the specification and testing requirements arising from areas of responsibility, including review of any downstream impacts on BAU or in-flight projects or processes.
- To manage and take responsibility for designated tasks related to IFRS 17 implementation.
- Produce data for ad-hoc project requests.
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE 100 listed company.
To apply online simply click the APPLY button.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 18th November 2019.