7th November 2019
£45000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an opportunity to join an online gaming company specialising in UK bingo, slots and casino, founded in 2012, and a long term client of this egaming marketing firm.
They are a young, dynamic and fast-moving company with major brands in the market. They have just been named one of the top 15 gaming companies in the world set to disrupt the gaming industry during 2019 as part of the 'next generation', thanks to their innovation and unique products.
They are looking for an experienced Mid-Level Engineer to join their engineering team that are responsible for maintaining their in-house brands, developing new products and supporting their portfolio of clients.
Your duties will include:
- Discussing requirements and projects within the development team.
- Maintenance of existing testing and production environments.
- Developing new features, maintaining and refactoring production code on their existing LAMP / PHP platform using modern development standards, frameworks and libraries,
- Keeping up-to-date with recent technological and software developments.
- Developing skills and expertise in appropriate software/programming languages including PHP and others.
- Produce products that are user-friendly, device responsive, effective and appealing and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Take an idea from conception and see it all the way through to production.
- Active contribution to ideation will be valued, with a view to enhancing and developing their best in class online gaming solutions.
You will need to have skills and experience with:
- LAMP stack development
- PHP ^7.0 web applications
- SOLID principles
- Design patterns
- Automated Testing - Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing etc
- VCS / Git
- CI / CD pipelines
- Administration of *nix servers
- Being proactive, self-motivated and take the initiative
- Communicating effectively within a technical team
- Being well organised, prioritising and coping with deadlines
- At least 3 years commercial experience
And it would be advantageous to have additional experience with:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Microservice development
- Cloud Computing / Cloud Native applications
- 12 Factor
- Legacy and Procedural PHP
- Modern PHP development frameworks such as Laravel / Lumen
Their modern office is hard-working yet casual - a typical start up environment. Due to the fast moving nature of the online gaming industry this is the perfect role for a recent graduate or a more experienced self-starter that will provide an excellent springboard to a successful career in web application development in the cloud.
They have awesome team trips, annual bonuses and separate annual pay reviews.
It's a good time to work at this firm - young, fun and with no red tape, there is no ceiling to your responsibility or salary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year