Data Delivery Lead
About the role
The purpose of this role is to act as a delivery lead for all data aspects of the Core Systems Replacement (CSR) Programme to implement SAP ERP, and then SAP solutions for the Student Lifecycle Management processes of the University. The role holder will coordinate across the data teams of the University, and specifically across the Chief Data Office, and the customers of reporting, analytics, and wider data services that the Chief Data Office manage to ensure that proactive change plans are implemented. The role will report directly into the Chief Data Officer (CDO) and represent the CDO at senior forums and within the CSR Programme.
- Coordinating across the widest set of stakeholders to ensure all data requirements are understood and catered for as part of the dataworkstream activity.
- Data workstream topics will include, migration, data quality and cleansing, data retention, reporting and analytics, and coordination of new data sources into the developing university data model.
- Key representative in programme meetings from Design Authority to Steering, covering all data topics from migration, to data and reporting readiness post migration.
- Planning and prioritization of implementation activities for the data teams, and coordination of a change plan to ensure that all testing, delivery, and readiness tasks are achieved in parallel to the CSR programme milestones.
- Development (with and through the data teams) of strategies to incorporate new data sources into existing reporting processes, and management of plans that ensure these reporting processes remain fit for purpose.
- Identification of risks, issues, and opportunities through the data workstreams and development of strategies that bring teams together to resolve those risks and issues.
- Dashboarding of readiness against clear criteria, and explanation and dissemination of information about the data workstream to key senior stakeholders.
Skills and experience
- Data Migration and Integration experience is essential, with a clear understanding of the implications and stages of a data migration, and the activities needed to build out data management capability in practice.
- Practical knowledge of data management practices and approaches.
- Programme and project delivery skills should be strong and well evidenced. The role holder must be able to lead and drive milestone completion through other teams and through teams that are not directly reporting to the individual.
- Strong data architecture principles, and an ability to apply these in practice to a major programme of work.
- Practiced leadership skills, able to influence a wide range of stakeholders and lead and motivate teams of people.
- Knowledge of the HE sector will be advantageous, but not essential
- Experience in SAP is desirable but not essential.