|Recruiter:||Nationwide Building Society|
|Listed on:||4th November|
|Contact Name:||Nationwide Building Society|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Infrastructure Specialist Lead
Closing Date: 08 November 2019
You will join the IT Operations tooling and automation team, to work on automating processes at Nationwide in Swindon. You will be leading a significant drive to bring real automation into the operation that will speed up all aspects of the daily operation, remove manual repetition, speed up change, improve recovery times and maintain service availability.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you'll have:
• In depth knowledge of Powershell and scripting
• Windows 2012/2016
• Excellent communicator
• Strong Team/Technical Leadership Skills
• Experience producing Technical Documentation
• The ability to pick up a task, and lead the development of a solution
It would also be useful if you have:
• Linux experience
• Application Deployment Experience
• Experience of working in a large organisation/financial services
What you'll be doing
You'll work with the teams across IT operations to analyse our existing manual processes and identify where automation can be delivered to improve accuracy, reliability and efficiency. You will develop scripts and automation using Powershell as the key scripting language. Development will be mostly in the windows environment, but other languages are also used.
Your mentoring skills will be invaluable in helping to develop the skills of those with less experience and early in their technical career that will be working alongside you
You will make decisions on automation approach, and direction in IT Operations, prioritising where automation will deliver best value, and maintain the strategic roadmap.
You will also:
• Share knowledge and produce documentation
• Support the team in delivering automation
• Contribute towards driving decisions and helping remove blockers to drive forward implementation of automation
• Work with stakeholder/peers to understand how automation interlocks with activities within and outside of the team
• Contribute innovative ideas and ways of improving and optimising the operation
The extras you'll get
Our people's success isn't based on how long they spend at their desk. While you'll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won't affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• A personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we'll top up by a further 16%)
• Up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• Family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 24 days holiday with the ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered.We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured,and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.