|Listed on:||1st November|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,000 - £40,000|
|Contact Name:||Metuka Monplaisir-Stephens|
Data Analytics Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
If you are a data analytics professional with PowerBI skills, this is an exceptional opportunity to help make gambling in the UK safer and fairer.
About the Organisation
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, our client is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. They do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. They work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how they can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
Our client is currently looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join them and provide a range of data services to the organisation.
- Salary of c£40,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days' holiday
- Option to buy up to five days' extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining the Data team means translating some of the most interesting and exciting policy data into insight that underpins how our client protects consumers and the public. Split into two areas, data management and analytics, the team works with every department across the organisation, using sophisticated analytics tools to produce high quality, trusted data insights and promote better decision making.
As data becomes an ever more important part of our client's work, the team are delivering an ambitious strategy to maximise their capability in this area. You'll work with the latest tools and technology and collaborate with senior leaders to unlock the potential in data and amplify our client's reach.
As the Data Analytics Manager, you will lead the Data Analytics Team and provide analysis and statistics to colleagues and external stakeholders.
You will provide a range of data services, including producing thematic reports, management information or in-depth analytical pieces, as well as identifying innovative ways to get the best from data.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop, support and guide your team
- Match the most appropriate techniques and outputs to business needs
- Build a strong understanding of stakeholder requirements and translate these into deliverables
- Contribute to decisions regarding team structure and business planning
- Promote the work of your team to the wider organisation
To be considered as a Data Analytics Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience in a data analytics role
- Strong technical skills in PowerBI (or equivalent)
- A strong understanding of data analytics and visualisation principles and practices, with the ability to design and deliver data analytics products and systems
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to lead and manage a small team
- The ability to connect a strategy with tangible deliverables
Other organisations may call this role Senior Data Analyst, Lead Data Analyst, Analytics Manager, Data Analysis Manager, Data Insight Manager, Senior Data Insight Analyst, or Insight & Analytics Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 24th November 2019.
Our client reserves the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Data Analytics Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.