Head of IT & Digital - Commonwealth War Graves Commission. Working with the Senior Leadership Team and key stakeholders this strategic role will lead the IT and Digital strategies; driving the use of technology across the organisation, overseeing the operational IT and Digital functions, ensuring compliance with data protection and information security as well as leading a broad portfolio of projects.
As a global organisation, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) operates in over 150 countries and territories tending and conserving the cemeteries and memorials of men and women of the Commonwealth forces who died in the First and Second World Wars.
Head of IT & Digital - Commonwealth War Graves Commission - Maidenhead
Working with the Senior Leadership Team and key stakeholders this strategic role will lead the IT and Digital strategies; driving the use of technology across the organisation, overseeing the operational IT and Digital functions, ensuring compliance with data protection and information security as well as leading a broad portfolio of projects. Accountable for Infrastructure, Service Delivery, Business Analysis, Sharepoint Development, Digital, Data Protection & Information Security.
- Oversee the network infrastructure, its maintenance, development and on-going availability
- Own and deliver the IT and Digital strategies in support of corporate objectives
- Lead the development of the Digital real estate, website and apps etc. to create integrated communications, ensuring cohesion across Marketing and Communications departments, shared objectives and measurement
- Oversees data protection and information security
- Lead the successful delivery of IT based projects
- Advise on new technologies and direction and provide technical input into the development of the company's infrastructure/systems as a critical part of the business
- Effective management of 3rd party providers, both in delivery of new products and support for the current infrastructure.
- Ensuring effective risk management and mitigation within IT and Digital
- Review and ownership of the DR plan
- Lead and develop the team, maintaining a collaborative and constructive working environment within the department and across the organisation
- Deliver an effective and responsive IT support service with performance that exceeds the agreed KPIs
- Demonstrable experience of leading an IT function within a global, multi-site enterprise
- Experience of commissioning services from third parties and managing relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Experience with Information Technology networks and systems at a global level and daily operational management thereof
- Resource management - has skills to Influence results through appropriate staffing, budgetary management and maximisation of available resources
Skills and Abilities
- Passionate about delivering the highest quality customer service
- Excellent management and team skills
- The ability to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues is essential as well as having the confidence to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work and problem solving
- Committed to professional development
- An alignment and adherence to the Commission's Values: RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, TEAMWORK, COMMUNICATION, PROFESSIONALISM and COMMITMENT
60k to 65k