Senior Infrastructure Engineers for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Are you a Senior Infrastructure Engineer looking to work with diverse cutting-edge technologies, industry leading vendors and across different internal teams?
Do you have a proven track record in providing technical leadership through the design, build and implementation of complex Red Hat infrastructure solutions?
Do you relish working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team that will stretch and test you?
You will join our Infrastructure Engineering team, which provides design, build and non-production support services for the IT transformation delivery teams. You will provide strong technical leadership, enabling technical decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
For us, it's not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you'll:
- Have a proven track record in providing technical leadership through the design, build and implementation of complex Red Hat infrastructure solutions
- Have in depth knowledge & experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7, Red Hat Satellite, Red Hat Open Shift
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team
- Be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Red Hat Ansible Automation
- Docker and Containers in a Linux environment
- Linux middleware: Red Hat JBoss and WAS
- VMware infrastructure
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Network and infrastructure security concepts
- Agile project management methodologies
- Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties / suppliers
What you'll be doing
Working with other Infrastructure Engineers in our delivery squads, you will:
- Provide technical leadership at all stages of the delivery lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Identify and implement technically complex designs and/or environment solutions to meet the team objectives
- Organise the work of the Infrastructure Engineering team, relying on technical knowledge to create efficiencies and give appropriate direction
- Capture and share knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within engineering teams
- Drive decisions and remove blockers to drive forward implementation of technical artefacts
- Act as a point of escalation, working with and influencing senior stakeholders to remove barriers
- Work with stakeholder/peers to understand how the technical infrastructure deliverables interlock with activities within and outside of the team and where required negotiate solutions to align with engineering principles and architectural strategy
In addition, you will:
- Contribute to the creation and ongoing maintenance of engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation
- Build a network including external relationships with other engineers/SMEs to understand best practice and emerging trends within engineering
- Act as an Engineering advocate across Nationwide, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences, e.g.: through blog posts, tech talks at technical forums, knowledge share, etc.
- Develop capability of infrastructure engineering team by supporting recruitment and pipeline talent development, through coaching and mentoring
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we'll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you'll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we'll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme