An Exciting Opportunity has become available for you to join a distinctive and very well-established scientific company based in Cambridge. The role offers an attractive salary up to £60,000, with additional benefits including 35hr working week, 26 days annual leave, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private healthcare, flexi-time and more!
The threat of cyber-attacks to organisations and individuals is ever-growing and we need you to join us as an Information Security Manager. In this role you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Information Security Risk Management framework in order to protect against IT and Cyber risks.Role:
You will be in charge of developing and maintaining current Information Security policies and procedures as well as ensuring compliance through the application of security risk management.
You will also have responsibility for:
- Establishing and maintaining the Information Security risk management framework -assessing and reporting IT security, information security and cyber security risks and ensuring mitigating actions are agreed and completed.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure compliance to Cyber Essentials, and other security standards as agreed with the Audit and Risk teams.
- Reporting on information security and cyber security status within the organisation: vulnerabilities, risk status, action plans etc.
- Develop and maintain our Information Security Policy and associated policies and procedures - ensuring alignment with Technology plans and agreement with the Data Protection Officer.
- Agree standards for ongoing threat detection (both internal and external) and vulnerability assessments, including penetration test procedures
- Act as an SME, providing specialist knowledge in an advisory capacity to key stakeholders on how to improve and identify cyber and IT risks and suggesting relevant changes to control processes.
- Strong background in Information Security/Cyber Security
- Expertise in IT Security controls and security standards - Cyber Essentials and ISO 27001 standards
- Previously involved in information security/cyber security projects
- Strong knowledge in risk management, specifically in developing and implementing risk management frameworks
- Previously developed security policies and procedures.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a hugely reputable company in Cambridge that is largely recognised as one of the best places to work in the area. There is a firm belief in sharing ideas across the board and you will receive recognition for your hard work and commitment.