Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
29th October 2019
£340 - £340
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Business Intelligence Analyst/DeveloperOur client are undergoing a huge digital transformation programme. Our client require a BI Analyst/Developer to build their business intelligence capacity. The successful candidate will have the technical capability to build and prototype solutions. They will work with colleagues, developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The BI Analyst/Developer will have responsibility for designing solutions across business areas. They should have the skills to translate business needs into technical specifications.Key Activities:- Design, build, and deploy BI solutions against the agreed architectural stack avoiding any point solutions
- Support the current data model (logical and physical), including maintenance of metadata.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications using visual prototypes developed with the users.
- Ensure current data architecture design is flexible enough to support evolving organisation needs
- Ensure the integrity of the master data pool and make sure it is available to support the business
- Conduct appropriate unit testing and troubleshooting with end users.
- Assess and improve existing BI systems and tools. Solutions should be pragmatic and driven by organisational needs.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure data feeds (ETL) from core applications progress through to the data layer.
- Review all data integrity reports generated from ETL. Work with the business to assist in understanding and resolving any integrity issues
- Share ideas and best practice within the team and across the wider business.
- Proven BI developer experience, supported by evidence of continued
learning and personal development.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),SQL
Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the capabilities of Tableau, PowerBI
and the effective use of different visualisations for different needs.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical
processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Deep background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and
- Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ Outlook)
- Not for Profit/Charity experience
- Experience working within a scrum delivery methodology
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database Azure
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Citrix, SQL Knowledge of VMware
- Office 365 (Groups, Sharepoint, Planner, Notebook, etc)