PHP Software Developer
29th October 2019
£40000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
PHP Software Developer
Woodbury, Near Exeter
£Excellent Salary Plus Benefits including Private Healthcare with Activity Perks, DIS, Pension Scheme & More (see below)
Our client is a successful software development company with a market-leading SaaS offering. Their application software offers world-class features to manage the entire parking enforcement lifecycle.
Here are a few things about our client:
- Their core tech is PHP, Python, HTML and CSS
- They develop using Lean principles, specifically Kanban
- Their solution is the market leader in the UK
- They have doubled in size in the last 18 months to 30 people (and they’re still growing!)
- They work from a lovely barn conversion in the countryside
- They’re currently growing their web presence
Our client is currently looking for a number of PHP Software Developers to join them and play a pivotal part in the development of their software, which is critical to their clients’ businesses.
As a PHP Software Developer, you will:
- Build a strong understanding of the software system and business requirements
- Follow Lean development practices, including daily scrum, planning and retros
- Write and manage scripts in Perl and Python
- Maintain and develop the core infrastructure of our client’s platform
- Design new services and databases to implement new features
- Coach and mentor less experienced Developers
- Depending on your experience/interests, take on some DevOps responsibilities
Want to be our client’s next PHP Software Developer? Here’s what you’ll need:
- At least one year’s experience as a PHP Developer, including working with Codeigniter (or a similar front end framework, such as Laravel)
- Experience of working with either Python or Perl
- An excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Great Linux command line knowledge
- To be prepared to deliver quality code to defined standards within our guidelines
Other titles for this role may include Software Developer, PHP Developer, Application Developer, Software App Developer, Developer, PHP Programmer, or Programmer.
Here are a few reasons why you should make our client your next career step:
- They care about keeping their people happy - they’re currently trialling remote working and are looking at ways to add to their benefits package
- They are growing, so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to develop and progress
- Perks including pizzas on Tuesdays, quarterly socials and summer BBQs
- You’ll join a friendly office environment decked out with a Nintendo Switch, foosball table and your own parking space
- You will become a part of one of the most supportive teams around - our client’s team all rally together to help each other overcome challenges
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you’d be a good fit for this team as a PHP Software Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.