Nigel Frank International
28th October 2019
£28000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Sheffield - Permanent
£28,000 - £35,000 DOE
We are currently looking for a self-motivated senior web developer to be the primary developer
for our PHP-based software platform. Responsible for the development and performance of our
entire infrastructure (under the leadership and management of the Head of Design and
Development), you'll develop new solutions, improve existing ones, commission external suppliers
and manage support contracts.
You'll work on responsive websites, databases, e-commerce solutions and mobile apps as well as
the AWS and Docker infrastructure that enables them. Our systems are essential to thousands of
staff, parents, and children across the UK who attend our programmes and use our services.
Platforms and technologies we use:
* PHP (including frameworks like Laravel and CakePHP), MySQL, Apache
* Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Git, Docker
You'll be working for the UK's leading sports activity provider - with 60 locations around the
country and serving resorts and cruise lines around the world. Working in a youth market, we
constantly need to update and develop our systems, use the latest technologies and integrate
with new online services. You'll be part of a dynamic head-office team, with an energetic and
positive work culture, located in our own building in a beautiful part of Sheffield.
* 3 years experience in a commercial environment
* Strong knowledge of object-oriented coding (both client and server side)
* Able to demonstrate an understanding of MySQL and query optimisation
* Good knowledge of software development processes including version-control and testing
* In-depth knowledge of web-based systems using the LAMP stack
* Experience of system integration and authentication, with REST APIs and JSON/XML data
* An understand of hosted platforms like Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
* Able to communicate and contribute well as part of a team
* Self-disciplined, able to prioritise, with good motivation and organisation skills