IT Helpdesk Support Engineer
28th October 2019
£20000 - £26000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an opportunity to join a small, specialist outsourced IT company that started trading in 2001. They offer network design, installation and maintenance services using mainly Microsoft technology. Their clients include businesses and charities (especially arts-based charities such as theatres and venues) across the country and overseas. They are looking for an addition to their helpdesk staff to help with the continued expansion their client base.
As a helpdesk support engineer, you will work as part of the helpdesk team to support users and network administrators over the phone and by email, with most issues being resolved using remote access. You will also be involved in project work and may be asked to visit client sites.
Compared to many roles at this level, the work is varied and there are plenty of opportunities for expanding both your knowledge and experience as you work alongside their 3rd level support team.
Although much of the infrastructure is Microsoft Server-based, there will also be occasions to work with Apple products, mobile devices and specialist software.
- installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure
- managing email, anti-spam and virus protection
- setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- monitoring network usage
- analysing and resolving a range of faults, from system failures to forgotten passwords
- helping users with their PCs and mobile devices
- undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security
You will have a sound understanding of network PC/server infrastructure. Ideally you will have first-hand experience of some or all of the following:
- Windows Server
- PC Support
- Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Firewalls and routers
- VPN and RDP
- Office and Office365 support
You will enjoy providing outstanding customer service by phone, be comfortable talking to a wide range of users and you will have experience of working in a similar customer-facing role.
- Excellent opportunities for working with a diverse range of technology, increasing your skillset and developing your Microsoft certifications
- Invaluable experience for a move upwards in your career path.
- Small, friendly working environment.