IT Support / Helpdesk Engineer
£21,000 - £25,000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established IT Support Company, based in Worthing, West Sussex providing support to a variety of customers across the South East. They are looking for an enthusiastic person to join the busy IT team in their rapidly expanding company.
Working from their office in Worthing you will be supporting their customers via telephone, email and remote support tools. As part of the desktop support role you will also be expected to do some server monitoring, checking daily log files, backup logs and monitoring alerts.
You will get the chance to be hands on with all server and desktop products, as well as a variety of networking and other components such as routers, printers and bespoke applications.
In return they offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 25 days over time, pension; private healthcare and a bonus after a qualifying period. As you progress within the company there will be the opportunity to build and configure servers and deploy to client sites, as well as other project work.
- Good knowledge of desktop technologies for Windows 7 through to Windows 10 support
- 1st and 2nd Line Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office365
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of printers
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to diagnose faults and find solutions.
- Ability to maintain strong relationship with customers
- Able to follow agreed procedures and documentation
- User administration of Microsoft Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- User administration of Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office365
- A base understanding of networking protocols and devices (particularly Draytek / Netgear).
A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar environment is required, either with an IT Support company or within an in-house support department.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK, with a full clean driving license and own transport would be preferred.