|Listed on:||25th October|
|Salary/Rate:||£20,000 - £20,000|
|Reference:||02Cook - IT_expired|
|Contact Name:||Metuka Monplaisir-Stephens|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Support Technician
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver, platinum and palladium alloys. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker.
They are looking for an enthusiastic individual with at least 2 years’ experience who wants to make an impact through the delivery of quality IT solutions to the business.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for rolling out and supporting all network devices within the business. You will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks as part of a team of 3 looking after the infrastructure. Alongside the wider IT Department of 10, you will be supporting the company’s IT function.
In return, our client will provide you with on the job training, guidance and the support you need to build on your existing expertise.
Your duties will include:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining systems such as desktop, laptops, printers and telephony
- Completing the assigned helpdesk requests and tasks to the agreed timescale
- Diagnosing hardware and software faults
- Troubleshooting system and network problems
- Solving technical and applications problems
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Providing excellent customer service to all users
- Proactively suggesting and implementing improvements
- Maintaining IT procedures and documentation
- Backup and security
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years’ experience in IT support services
- An NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an IT related subject
- Proven technical knowledge and help desk experience
- Windows desktop experience
- Network / Active Directory knowledge
- Security / Antivirus experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a friendly and approachable manner
- The ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet demands set by the department, company or external customer
- A good standard of numeracy and skills in data analysis
- Effective team working skills
- The ability to use initiative for independent work
Hours of work:
Total of 37.5 hours per week, core office hours are Monday to Thursday 0830 - 1645, Friday 0830-1530 with a 30 minute lunch break each day.
- Salary from £20,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience)
- Up to 26 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Free eye care vouchers with Boots
- Discounts on gym memberships, cinema tickets, retail, days out, company products etc.
- Interest free loans on travel passes and parking permits
- Life assurance
As part of the new starter vetting process the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
To apply for the role of IT Support Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other companies may call this role Technical Support Advisor, IT Support Advisor, Helpdesk Support Technician, Service Desk Analyst, Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Support Technician, IT Helpdesk Technician, or Technical Support Analyst.