Service Desk Support Analyst- INSIDE IR35
Our client based in London are recruiting for a Service Desk Analyst.
This is a strong customer-focussed group responsible for all IT Services support and is responsible for customer training and customer relations management. IT Services works closely with the Information Services Division,they provide a wide range of IT solutions for it's staff, students and stakeholders.
Main purpose of the job
- The purpose of the role of Service Desk Support Analyst is to receive, handle, document and resolve IT incidents and requests directly from service users following agreed Service Desk procedures and to create and maintain support documentation for business applications and technical components.
- Following agreed Service Desk procedures provides 1st line support to users on services which are available to them and underpinning systems, products and services across all ISD services, identity, access and resource administration. Includes 1st line priority and critical incident management.
- Provide an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable.
- Respond to requests for support according to agreed priorities by providing information to enable problem resolution.
- Maintain records; document problems according to classification, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis and advise relevant persons of actions taken.
- Refer unresolved calls as appropriate to Tier 2 either on the desk, in the support team or to another service team as appropriate.
- Escalate calls in accordance with the Escalation procedure.
- Carry out email, identity and access, and IT resource administration activities at a routine level.
- Write documentation for inclusion in the Service Desk Web site, ISD Knowledge Base and to support commodity services, under the guidance of the Senior Analyst or Shift/Support Manager
- Incorporate documentation in to Service Desk Web site, ISD Knowledge Base and other formats as appropriate.
- Run tests on commodity services under the direction of the Service Desk Support Manager or Senior Analyst.
- Experience of providing IT support in a large complex organisation, and across a range of services.
-ITILv3 foundation certificate or equivalent. Knowledge of ITIL processes and how they impact on the role of the service desk specifically Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
-Experience of using a Service Desk call logging and tracking system in a high volume environment.
-Experience of handling user administration requests (email, identity and access and resource allocation) at a routine level.
-Experience using remote support tools.
-Demonstrates an understanding of the purpose and composition of Service Level Agreements and the relationship between an SLA, OLA, KPIs and a contract for supply of services.
-Has good analytical and problem solving skills.
-Has a broad knowledge of the types of services provided by ISD and the landscape of the underpinning processes and IT infrastructure (hardware, applications, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc).
-Is familiar with a range of operating system environments, such as Windows, MAC OS, UNIX.
-Responding to colleague, student and stakeholder needs with the intention to provide an excellent service.