Power BI Administrator
Spring Group Plc
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Power BI Administrator - 4 months - West London
Global FMCG is looking for a Power BI Administrator who will be responsible for the technical support of core technologies especially Microsoft Power BI cloud based services to ensure the solution within a specified domain meet the needs of the business.
The role demands hands on experience in power BI reports development, Power BI web service administration with knowledge/experience in Azure components storage accounts, database, ETL components to support the business.
- Perform Power BI administration activities e.g. Capacity management, availability management, regular house keeping activities like identifying reports/datasets that are not in use and archiving/deleting them, monitoring power BI Pro license usage, identifying reports/datasets resulting in capacity issues and taking necessary actions etc
- Perform Power BI reports/data model fine tuning activities and improving reports data refresh/read performance, optimal Power BI premium capacity utilisation
- Provides Technical support and guidance in delivering solutions/services, resolving issues, implementing change requests
- Handling incidents, problems, requests, changes etc for the applications developed in Power BI and at Power BI platform level
- Excellent hands-on experience in Power BI platform administration activities
- Good proven hands on experience in Power BI data model and reports development
- Knowledge in Azure cloud components like Azure Storage accounts, Databases, ELT components etc are desirable
- Proven experience of conducting proof of concepts to Power BI capabilities both at the tool and at the Power BI platform level
- Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem ,Change Management etc
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Knowledge in ITIL Support Processes (Desirable)
- Analytical and Service Improvement Techniques
- Knowledge on ELT components like Azure cloud components - Azure datafactory, Databricks, storage accounts and databases(Desirable)
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement