Work for a multinational logistics organisation in the heart of Edinburgh. Report into VP level within a flat and dynamic leadership hierarchy.
A truely global logistics company with a foot print stemming from the UK and spanning the States' to Australia.
- Prioritise continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of business problems and needs
- Own the backlog: Manage stakeholders. Maintain a pipeline of existing and upcoming products and features.
- Works closely with other Technical Product Managers to drive best practice in IT Service Delivery across the company
- Works closely with shared service/group resources to define branch services and solutions
- Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product owners and delivery teams through persuasion and influencing.
- Passion for creating an exceptional user experience using technology solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams (technical and non-technical resources) to deliver features and solutions
- Finding ways to resolve blockers to deliver the required features by collaborating with business and technical teams.
- Engage with the infrastructure teams (both internal staff and external contractors and suppliers); facilitate discussions, provide clarification, requirements acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contribute to design activities.
- Be responsible for seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Branch Managers, Product Managers, Technical Engineers, Business leaders, Supplier Teams, Enterprise Architects
- Demonstrate ability to influence business/customers, product owners and delivery teams through persuasion and influencing
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management Processes across Incident, Request, Change, Knowledge Management
- Good grasp of technical concepts across WAN connectivity, LAN connectivity, Voice, Print and Client Computing
- Previous experience in deploying and managing adoption of the Office 365 suite to maximise collaboration tools across the company
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical & design knowledge
- People management, considering personnel development and performance management
- History of working with vendor resources, with experience of contract management and managing engagements to defined statements of work.
Work for a multinational logistics organisation in the heart of Edinburgh. Report into VP level within a flat and dynamic leadership hierarchy. Competitive salary and benefits.