Software Development Team Leader - 140K
£100000 - £140000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Development Team Leader (Oracle, Unix, C, Pro*C)
London / Surrey
£100,000-£140,000 per annum base + package
I am currently working with a global Insurance provider who is looking to hire a Software Development leader. The role will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled developers and delivering complex internal system development projects across predominately UNIX and Oracle based technologies.
The role will have 6 direct reports and play an integral role in driving projects while ensuring that minimum governance and code quality standards are adhered to. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of leading high performing development teams within the financial services sector.
* Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers.
* Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through to release.
* Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level.
* Manage application quality through code reviews, automated testing where appropriate and generally reduce technical debt.
* Working closely with Program Manager, Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
* Define delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones ensuring these are documented and used as the basis for the project event log, issues and risk log and any subsequent reporting.
* Ensure awareness, involvement and support from the key stakeholders and participants by building strong project teams and maintaining robust communication on the project status throughout its life cycle.
* Experienced in leading application development in Financial Services Sector.
* Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
* Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team and process performance management
* Proven experience in leading and managing the delivery of system/software development projects in a structured environment
* Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
* Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
* Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
* Experience in the development of software using UNIX, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, C, Pro*C, technologies
* An understanding and exposure to Version Control System such as PVCS, GIT etc...
* Experience with Data Modelling concept and tools
* A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
Please apply now if you are interested in being considered for this position. All successful applicants will be contacted within 48 hours.