Digital Business Analyst
15th October 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Agile Analyst to work within a close knit team within Client Engagement technology. You will work within a SCRUM team with technical experts and be responsible for the analysis and testing of software by the Digital Platforms Capability. You will need to have experience on working on digital platforms, ideally Marketing Cloud or Pardot.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims and has recently established an Asset Management Technology group that includes a Client Engagement Technology function focused on external client facing solutions.
Client Engagement Technology is a group of closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, client service portals, innovation and experience design working across the organisation to transform Schroders. Digital Platforms is a team within this group. We are now looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy Digital environment.
What you'll need to do
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Digital Platforms Capability [Product] Owner
• Model systems and data to a logical level, user interface design, and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows, modelling notation (UML, Structured, BPMN);
• Accountable for writing unambiguous, verified requirements/stories to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements);
• Facilitation of workshops to yield defined outcome;
• Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
• Contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Working with colleagues and shared service teams to communicate/accept dependencies
• Supporting the Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms
• Supporting other team members to improve their skills/experiences
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
• Committing to developing the wider GT organisation
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• Digital Platforms eg: Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and/or enterprise content management systems eg: EPiServer, Sitecore etc.
• Exposure to and use of analytics platforms, CDPs, DMPs, advertising platforms, SEO and SEM tools, cIAM/IAM platforms, workflow tools, event platforms, quality management tools
• Been part of a team using agile delivery practices (and preferably) have been in an organisation that has implemented a scales agile framework or similar;
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) with experience from inception to delivery;
• Knowledge of technology system interfaces, application architecture and data integration; networks, operating systems, commercial-off-the-shelf software, web architecture;
• Knowledge of data extraction, transformation and loading (ELT) database management systems (DBMS), output (report) design and data queries (SQL)
What you'll be like
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know ‘good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.
• You will enjoy working with senior stakeholders and be at ease explaining technical solutions to non-technical people, however, equally be able to give technical guidance to developers
• Still close enough to technology to be able to be hands-on if required.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited