Principal Agile Analyst - Risk and Analytics
15th October 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a business focused Agile Analyst to join the Risk and Analytics Data team. Within Global Data Solutions we have a remit to deliver Risk, Analytics and Attribution data sets to both Investment and non-Investment users. This facilitates client and ad-hoc reporting and downstream business processes. Typically the solutions provided in this group are complimentary to data sets from Aladdin.
We need someone who is comfortable engaging with Business users, understanding their requirement and use of data, and translating into Technical requirements. Should know their way around a database and is comfortable with SQL queries.
Agile Analysts are innovative and passionate individuals who demonstrate a superior level of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We provide industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
The team is uniquely positioned as a central store of time series data sets for Risk, Analytics and Attribution. We have detailed understanding of our data sets allowing us to be reactive and aligned to our user requirements where we are capable of rapid data integration of new data feed and reporting solutions. We enjoy solving problems together and are focused on delivering value to our clients.
We are currently delivering projects across the Business (Fixed Income / Equity / Multi Asset / Group Risk) on initiative for new business, decommissioning, data enablement and infrastructure improvements.
What you'll do
Representing the team to multiple stakeholders across the business on numerous projects to ensure the delivery of data and reporting solutions to deliver business benefit. Key aspects of the role will include;
• Working closely with Business users to analyse and turn functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Perform data analysis to support the requirement and evaluate the viability of the solution
• Work closely with the development and support teams to help them understand the requirement
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate, accept and manage dependencies
• Keep the physical data model data dictionary up to date at a table and attribute level
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
• Contributing to agile planning, including creating, refining, sizing and parsing user stories into achievable tasks etc.
• Offer data consultancy to business and technology stakeholders
• Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of Financial Services and data knowledge
• Strong data analysis skills (including SQL)
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem-solving
• Experience managing large complex data volumes / structures
• Relationship management and business engagement
• Working with senior stakeholders and users
• Track-record of delivery within large programmes
• Knowledge and experience of data visualisation tooling, preferably Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience working with Aladdin
• Experience and understanding of Risk, Analytics and Attribution
• Understanding of Fixed Income, Equity and Multi Asset products
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, (SAFe is preferred)
• Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
• Able to engage with stakeholders in both Business and Technology
• Able to challenge stakeholders diplomatically but robustly when appropriate
• Multi-disciplined and able to provide support throughout SDLC
• Capable of balancing timely delivery against strategic development
What you'll be like
This is not an ordinary BA role. An Agile Analyst is responsible for owning and managing the work items assigned to them; working with business and technology stakeholders directly and coordinating with internal developers and testers. You will be involved at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
• A team oriented individual who is pro-active and delivery-focused
• Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
• Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.