As a business, we are continually looking to improve how we do things, this includes technology enhancements to improve and simplify business processes through delivering high quality IT applications. Whether these applications are developed in house or Iceland are partnering with third party software providers, the role of IT integration team in delivery is key and the quality of this component of the stack is key to project success and the delivery of business objectives
Testing is an important role in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) contributing to the successful delivery of quality IT solutions. You will work with the Business Analysts and development teams to ensure testing is at the core of the development process. Often the work of the integration team does not involve a user interface and is more abstract than full stack development. In addition there is a stronger focus on Non-Functional Testing and Load Testing.
This role would ideally suit a candidate with a proven track record of testing mission critical applications in a retail / FMCG vertical, they will be comfortable dealing with test automation and may well have a development background themselves.
Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Attending project workshops, meetings, sprint reviews and system demos
- Working with business stakeholders, developers and the Business Analyst team to understand business / project requirements as well as understanding any relevant non-functional requirements and peak load metrics
- Preparation of functional and scenario test cases including expected outcomes.
- Plan and execute manual test cases following iterative software releases.
- During test execution, ensure application behaviour meets requirements specification.
- Complete data integrity checks.
- Record test results, identify and analyse anomalies and where necessary raise and track defects with development team.
- Working closely with the project team and developers to report and track testing progress.
- Complete testing iterations within agreed deadlines.
- Perform regression testing to ensure a software release has no detrimental impact to system functionality.
- Create, manage, and maintain testing documentation for complete regression testing and to support user testing.
- Where appropriate support business stakeholders with UAT
- Where necessary offer support during transitional "go live" stage of projects
- Provide frameworks to support test automation
- Provide frameworks to support non-functional testing and load testing
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment, and involvement in the development process.
- Proven experience of functional/UAT testing in an online or technical environment
- Proven experience of NFT, Load Testing and Break Testing
- Proven experience in writing test cases and in generating acceptance criteria.
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to be vigilant and inquisitive with good attention to detail
- Understanding of workflows and process flow diagrams
- A natural curiosity and desire to succeed and drive for results
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
- The ability and willingness to work well in a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills
- Practiced in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to manage workloads effectively.
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant onsite in our Head Office along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!