Online since 1999 | 10,722 IT Jobs Live NOW
SQL Server Database Administrator
Premium Job From Nigel Frank International
Recruiter: Nigel Frank International
Listed on: 11th October
Location: London
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £60,000
Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Reference: 11-10_1570784517_expired
Contact Name: Siobhan O'Brien

This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.

SQL Server Database Administrator- London

A central London based organisation are looking for an experienced Database Administrator with expertise in Production DBA work to join their team. This role has a strong focus on communication skills, with 80% of the role spent providing ongoing office based support to your client base, you'll form strong relationships with your clients and provide the expertise to solve their most challenging issues. For the other 20%, you'll be working in a customer facing position to assist clients from a number of large and influential companies across the UK and Europe. This client is the UK's leading provider of Database and Cloud Managed Services for Oracle, Microsoft and AWS.

What you'll be doing:

  • Resolving client's database issues from upgrades to disaster recovery
  • Working with SQL servers 2000-2017
  • Using Azure and AWS technologies
  • Visiting client sites as a consultant on SQL technologies
  • Providing ongoing support to your client base working 1 week in 4 on-call

You:

  • 5+ years SQL Server Database Administration
  • Expertise in SQL Server Database Administration (usually gained after 5 or more years in a Production DBA Role)

  • Expertise in Performance Tuning, Installation/Migrations, Disaster Recovery and HA
  • Experience in Service Desk Environment and working with ticketing systems
  • Excellent customer facing skills (written and verbal)
  • Experience with Azure cloud technologies (AWS will be a bonus)
  • Familiarity with T-SQL
  • Knowledge of SQL servers 2000-2017

What we can offer you:

  • Very competitive salary
  • Pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
  • 25 days holiday with up to 5 days carry over
  • Season ticket loans