Programme Manager (SC Cleared), Planning, Designing, Monitor, Progress, Issue, Corrective Action, Governance, Quality Assurance, QA, Budget, Leadership, Business Case, Approval, Procurement Process, Resource Allocation, Agile, PRINCE2, Technical Transformation, Policing, Police, Security, Networking, Infrastructure, Security Clearance, Security Cleared, SC Cleared, SC Clearance, NPPV3.
The programme manager will work as part of the Programme team reporting to the Programme Director and will engage with the different stakeholders from all relevant portfolios / programme projects / work streams. The Programme Manager will need to report regularly with the programme board PMO.
What you will work on:
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action;
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements;
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme;
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses;
- Development and governance approvals for business cases;
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams;
- Managing communications with all stakeholders;
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome;
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the SRO and programme director.
- Demonstrable effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The demonstrable ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Demonstrable good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
- Demonstrable sound business case development and approvals skills.
- Demonstrable good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
- Demonstrable good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Demonstrable sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- The demonstrable ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Demonstrable understanding of a range of structured programme and project management methodologies including Agile and PRINCE2.
- Demonstrable experience working on large scale technical transformation programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Policing/Security environment.
- A background in networking infrastructure.